Enjoy the Music!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Blind Date


Okay... well I guess it's my turn to write. Jordan is so great at telling our story, I hope I can do as great as him! So we wanted to tell the story of our first date before we get you caught up to today...


The day was October 10th and our date was at 6:30pm. As Jordan said we had only talked a few times and I was really excited / nervous to meet him. So Jordan came to get me and we met, hugged and left for the best blind date of our lives! He took me to The Italian Place to eat dinner and of course I couldn't decide what to get. We had to eat fast because we had to be somewhere by 7. Jordan hadn't told me what we were doing yet because he said it was a "surprise." Then when we got in the car Jordan blindfolded me! On our first date! I can tell you that it sure did not feel like out first date. Jordan always says that I fell in love with him the day I met him... and I say that HE fell in love with me. Either way we had so much fun and felt so comfortable around each other.


So I was blindfolded and we drove... somewhere. He kept me blindfolded while we walked across the street and into a building and down some stairs. Then he guided me down a huge flight of stairs, through a door and then he finally took off the blindfold. We were standing on the front row of a theater! I was so excited. I love plays and so does Jordan. That's something we love doing together now. Jordan had brought me to see Dial “M” for Murder. It was a BYU production and it was fantastic, and the date continued.


Jordan took me to get ice cream. First we tried the Creamery but it was packed, so we went to Macy’s grocery store and got Peanut Butter Cup ice cream and went back to his house. That’s when I met his roommates, Kirk and Donny. (Two months later we set Kirk up with my old roommate Taunia and they got married two months after us!) So we sat on the love sack in the living room and ate ice cream and talked. Jordan was so interested in me. That is one of the things I love about Jordan. He is still a great listener, and always wants to hear about my day.


We talked for hours. Literally... EIGHT hours. We talked about our jobs, our BYU-Idaho experiences, our families, and our interests. We TALKED all night! ( I want to emphasis talk because we didn’t have our first kiss for 3 more weeks ) So those of you that know me, I am a curfew Nazi! But I couldn’t seem to leave when the clock struck 12. We talked for SIX more hours! Crazy I know! I don’t want to get too cheesy or romantic, but it felt like I had just found my best friend and didn’t want to leave his presence. We talked, Jordan played guitar, we ate cheese balls, and had a lot of laughs. Jordan dropped me off at 6:30am, and then I realized I had unintentionally left my bag (with my keys in it ;-) at his house… after we went back to get it, I ended up rolling into bed at 7am. I actually called my mom before I fell asleep because I felt a bit guilty for staying up sooo late with a boy! She laughed and was excited for me. It wasn't until a couple months later I found out that Jordan also called his mom before he went to bed!


After that day Jordan and I spent everyday together, with a much earlier bedtime, and became closer and closer each day. We love being together. I never got bored of him. He still keeps me laughing everyday and makes me feel beautiful and special. I feel so lucky to have Jordan. I can’t imagine spending my days with anyone else.


3 comments:

  1. Love it, Love it Love it! Thanks for sharing Jamie! I am so happy for you too! Now, update us on your lives......with lots of pictures please! Love you Dodger! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are a cute couple! (This is Kevin's wife...Jordan's old roommate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I loved hearing your side of the story Jamie!! I can't wait to hear more about what you guys have been up to! We miss you guys!

    -Natalie (signed in as Josh)

    ReplyDelete